January 5, 2006. Thursday.

It still hurts when I pee and there is still blood when I wipe myself. After the pee comes out, I feel a burning sensation inside. It seems like a muscle is contracting. I suspected that it might be the bladder.

I did the laundry last night. I kinda suspected that something was wrong and I was thinking that just in case something happens to me, at least we would have clean laundry. I waited until I have finished work and helped the kids with supper and I also ate before I got ready to go to the hospital. I called sis to tell her that I was leaving the kids by themselves and also to tell her that I am going to the Emergency Room. She offered to give me a ride since she and husband were going out to go to Wal-Mart. I told them what’s wrong and BIL, who is a nurse, said that it could be a bladder infection.

It was 8:00 p.m. when I got to the hospital. I was asked to give them a urine sample. Then I waited in the waiting room. A nurse called me in at around 9:30 p.m. She brought me to a room and told me to take off my pants and sweater but leave my panties on. Then I lay down on the bed and waited. I fell asleep for probably 15 minutes. Then I felt the need to pee. I came outside and looked for a washroom. The doctor didn’t come until around 11:00 p.m. and that was only after I asked three attendants when the doctor would be coming in to look after me.

The doctor told me that they looked at my urine and they found lots of pus, white blood cells, blood and lots of bacteria. Yes, it is bladder infection. I think it is the urethra (thin tube) that’s infected.

How did I get it? I asked. Sometimes it just happens, he said. He told me to drink lots of water to flush it out. After sex, make sure you pee, which I always do anyway. He said that bacteria could go up that way. Now this got me thinking if H gave me the bacteria. The drugs? Did he really take drugs as N’s wife claimed on that phone call months ago?

The doctor gave me antibiotics and prescribed some more so I could take them for up to five days.